Our brain does more
than think for us.
The brain controls mood, hormones, memory, executive functions like decision making and planning, personality, movement, mood, concentration, sleep and more. Supporting brain health is essential to successful functioning and quality of life at any age.
Scientific studies using of red and near-infrared light applied directly on the head have demonstrated:
- Light emitting diodes (LEDs) penetrate the skull in live patients.1, 2
- NIR increases circulation in cortical tissues.3
- Significant improvements in depression and anxiety scores.4
- Significant improvement in cognitive measures of study participants with TBI.5, 6
- Clear indications for neurological conditions including stroke, traumatic brain injury, degenerative brain disease, spinal cord injury, and peripheral nerve regeneration.7
Photobiomodulation therapy is gaining a scientific evidence base as a non-invasive, non-pharmacologic, neuromodulating intervention.
Delivered by polychromatic light emitting diodes (LEDs)
– it is a safe and effective self-care tool.